Monday, May 4, 2009

National Scrapping Weekend and such

So really slacking in the checking everyone else's site..I will get there. I will post..I promise..
Mason is finally back to work this week. So I have to be a wife again..After I run home and take pics of the cards I made 13 in total..I have to run back out to the post office to mail them off to the MIL..my mom didn't get any..she can get flowers..easier.

So Friday night of the crop get there..was some what organized..I have to say going to the crop to make cards was a difficult packing decision. So I ended up taking a lot. I had an idea of what I wanted to do. I didn't know how many was going to make. I really did have my expectations set a little higher then the amount I ended up doing. So 13 were done. Not bad..couple of incidents a long the way but corrected them and it worked out beautifully.

So got to the LSS at 5pm got unloaded and set up..and just mellowed out for a moment. Plugged away at it. Met the people at my table very nice bunch. They had never been to a crop at the Academy. Of course the regular bunch was there as well..we had a great snack selection and such..good time all around. Left a little earlier on Friday than midnight but I had worked all day..etc. Got 7 cards done the first night..was impressed with my self. I helped a few people too..and I am sure I saw something shiny so that distracted me as well..Got a few new QK Embossing folders that night..they are so much fun..tried them out too..same size as the cuttlebug and really cheap too..so I think I got 8 of them..really happy.

So I get home and Mason says what'cha make me..I said nothing I am making your mother's mother's day present..he said well I want something.

Saturday I was up at the crack of dawn for some reason..so was at the store earlier..started right back at it by 9am. (great breakfast was served as well)..along with tea..ahhh tea..I could go for a tea right now. So I couldn't get into card mode so I started helping a lady out..and painted her "D" for her..it was a production and a half..I don't know why but it was..but it turned out very well in the end..then I decided to make something for Mason..will post..but I will say it is a little riske for some..all the ladies laughed when they saw it..and he of course loved it.
made another 6 cards and I don't know what else..

We got a great goody bag from the store..filled with a 12x12 chipboard set..paint, brushes, paper, flowers..etc..don't even remember what else was in there..then was the prize draw. I was 2 names away from winning the grand prize the new QK die cutting machine..but of course..someone pulled my name after I specifically told her not too..but won a great prize anyway..

Packed up to leave at 10pm wasn't going to stay until midnight but ended up staying and chatting was fun to do that.

Overall a great weekend.

And later this evening I will post my pics of my cards.

A few I am really impressed with. I incorporated material, buttons, stitching..used some old stash..wasn't too bad..

So until my next post..

4 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

well all in all it sounds like an awesome weekend!
can not wait to see all you made!
(even the not for everyone's eyes gift)
well...especially that one I am intrigued! lol

Thad Be Me said...

He moved his gift I have to find it. I will post it soon..!!!

Cindye Wile said...

Sounds like a great weekend ,,, can't wait to see what you made.

Paola said...

Sounds like a great scrappy day. I'm glad you have found a place where you can enjoy yourself.