Thursday, March 19, 2009
(needed a moment away from work so came up with this...) my favourites are bolded.
1. Don't lick or chew on walls (this should include fences as well as they are made with pressure treated wood)
2. Don't stick things in your eyes..
3. Your nose is not a pocket
4. Do not put a plastic bag over your head and then tie it shut..not a good rain hat this way..unless you cut eye holes..oh might also lead to suffocation.
5. Do not stick your head in a 5 gallon (or 20 L ) bucket that is full of water.
6. Do not cross the highway on foot..especially during non-rush hours (cars are actually moving at this point)
7. if the dog won't eat..you shouldn’t either
8. If it glows really isn't a good idea to hang around
9. If you poke something with a stick and it goes to poke back..wasn't a good idea in the first place.
10. do not smoke while applying hairspray
11. no appliance no matter how time saving should be used in the shower or tub.
12. do not lick electrical sockets or stick things in there.
13..personal favourite had the experience too..do not stick your finger in a light socket..you will get shocked..that freakin' hurt.
14. DO NOT WEAR a necktie while shreadding..especially if you feel the need to get really close to the hopper and watch your material go thru.
15.. always put a lid on the blender before you turn it on..more a messy thing then safety..but something might get in your eye..
16..personal experience again...always where rubber gloves when cutting jalapenos..
17. Bears are not cute and cuddly..they are wild animals..do not attempt to pet them (I don’t like bears I had 2 bad experiences)..
18. mushrooms are not all magic
19. That stranger better be offering some pretty good candy to make me get in the car.
20. You wake up in a bathtub full of ice check to make sure they used surgical string to sew you back up. (cause your more than likely missing a kidney..) if your lucky you will be able to buy your own one back
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
So that fun was out of the way..and yes I continued..I know..I was shocked too..I spent about 4 hours in my scraproom..and really accomplished nothing..
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Damn I was cute..
Can't help it got to post another pic of me..
So..this was done with Ranger product..and I used a cuttlebug embossing folder in my Revolution..and it worked..the bottom right hand corner is inking the embossing folder and just pressing in on the paper..
That is my Great Great Uncle..it was a post card that he sent while at training camp in WWI..just before he died.
This LO took 4-6 hours..did it at a crop..Still not liking all this stuff together..but it was a technique page I did..I just wanted to see all the different stuff I could do..which confusses the other croppers..
And well add more stuff to my blog.
So since I have a great LSS..again gonna do the plug..(and yeah Jackie I already know what your gonna say..I don't get a discount..I try all the time..if I open a package and then try to purchase it..she won't give me a discount..if I drop product on the floor and try to purchase it I don't get a discount..if I use a product and then purchase it..I don't get a discount..)
So anyway..since I have a great LSS..I have a couple things posted in there..this one is in the Ranger section..big surprise..cause I have every Ranger product out there..
This was my first attempt at ironing paper..I crumpled the whole paper..ran my Old Paper Distress ink over it and then...spritz with water and got out my little craft iron and ironed it flat.
I used Ranger's Memory glass in the film strip..and if you look closely at the bottom pic in the film strip you will see that my great grandmother..(aka..Lovica) is holding a stuffed dog..all that have examined the pic are pretty sure that it isn't a real dog..
This one is right behind the cash desk..I mean everyone gets to see it..and in my opinion it's the best LO in the store..except..for the Bucket List..
So I had just gotten some new stamps when I did this LO and had some fun with it..once again started with white cardstock and coloured the paper..
That is my grandma in the pic and a letter that her grandfather wrote to her.
So that is my scrap desk..an old kitchen table..it is in use in the picture above..I don't spend enough time in my scraproom..I usually scrap at my LSS... http://www.scrapbookacademy.ca/Site/Home.html great store... (hey Jackie if I plug you on my blog do I get a discount?)
So that is it for now..I must go clean up my scrap area..
title..1943 is Basic Grey Chipboard Numbers..I coloured in Broken China and then covered in Crackle Accents..
So I did..I started a blog..gonna go for the montly update though..I can at least guarantee that..so maybe we will work our way up to more posts..but that is my commitment level for now.
So once I figure it all out I will start posting..this is my second attempt today..deleted the first one..
V..you were my inspiration..sorry we have the same background..but the other ones weren't working for me..